What Is Medical Malpractice?
Malpractice is not just an adverse medical result. Sometimes an adverse result can happen even when doctors and hospital staff do everything right. However, if your medical provider did not follow the proper standard of care in the medical community, and you are injured as a result, your provider may be liable for malpractice.
Examples of medical malpractice may include:
- Overly aggressive chiropractic manipulations that create adverse medical conditions
- Surgical mistakes such as operating on the wrong part of the body
- Errors in the administration of anesthetics that lead to death or injuries
- Lack of fetal monitoring that may cause death or injuries, such as cerebral palsy and birth defects
- Misdiagnosis of heart attack in an emergency room setting
- Misdiagnosis of cancer due to the failure to order proper tests
Medical negligence is difficult to prove, and it requires the use of experts to testify that the care you received failed to meet the appropriate standard of care. Our lawyers have the experience and financial resources to locate and retain the appropriate experts for your case.